Monday, June 30, 2008

Something To Think About

As I sit here in the midst of finishing up edits for one book, talking to my husband about construction work and trying to decide which illustrations I want to do today, I pulled some papers off of my organizer. Out falls a packet of inspirational sayings that I saw on the wall of a doctor's office (they gave me copies) that I'd intended to post here. So, right now, right this minute, that's what I'm doing before I get sidetracked on something else. I'm going to try to post one a day until they're all up here. Let's see how many days I'll forget. LOL

Today's Something To Think About:

If you had a band that credited your account each morning with $86,400, carried over no balance from day to day, allowing you to keep no cash in your account, canceling all unused funds at the end of each day, what would you do?

You have such a bank. It's called TIME.

Every morning, each person's account is credited with 86,400 seconds. Every night, each second not put toward a good purpose is cancelled. Time carries no blanace forward. Nor does time allow us to borrow against future allocations.

We can only live on today's deposit and invest our time toward the utmost health, happiness and success.

--cited in Leadershop When The Heat's On

What are you going to do with your time today? Me, I think I'm going to use a little of it to relax. Time goes by too quickly when you have ten thousand things to do on your plate. What will it hurt to just walk away from it all for a few minutes and enjoy the blessings in your life? It's not going to hurt at all and may even be better for you in the long run. Enjoy your time.

Smiles,

Melissa

No comments: